Table of Contents
- Prerequisites for importing the Content Pack
- Steps for Importing the Content Pack
- Post Installation Steps after Importing Content Pack
- Additional Resources
TIBCO Operational Intelligence Hawk® (Formerly TIBCO Hawk®) and TIBCO Operational Intelligence Hawk® RedTail provide the industry's best, most sophisticated tool for monitoring and managing distributed applications and systems throughout the enterprise. With Hawk, system administrators can monitor application parameters, behavior, and loading activities for all nodes in a local or wide-area network and take action when pre-defined conditions occur. In many cases, runtime failures or slowdowns can be repaired automatically within seconds of their discovery, reducing unscheduled outages and slowdowns of critical business systems.
TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail - Container Edition helps you to monitor and manage distributed applications by providing distributed rules, alerts, and remediation actions. You can enable additional monitoring capabilities in TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail - Container Edition with the ?TIBCO® operational Intelligence Hawk® RedTail - Standard Edition License?, such as centralized storage and processing of metrics, customizable dashboards, tag-based rulebases, fine-grained role-based access control, collect and forward logs to TIBCO LogLogic LMI and more.
TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail Container Edition also allows you to create or import Content Packs. A Content Pack is out of the box, a curated collection of monitoring and visualization resource templates that include Metrics (Data Models), Tags, Rulebases, and Dashboards. The Content Pack helps you save time in creating Metric Exporters, Tags and Tag-based Rulebases, Dashboards, and other artifacts which help to bootstrap users given the wide range of metrics with endless monitoring and visualization possibilities.
In this article, we will describe how to import and configure the Community Edition of Content Pack for TIBCO BusinessWorks Container Edition into your OI Hawk RedTail Container Edition environment.
The Content Pack for BWCE provides templates for out-of-the-box metrics, Tag-based Rulebases, and Dashboards for visualizing activities execution times, errors, process executions, node JVM metrics like Threads, Memory pools, etc.
- TIBCO® Operational Intelligence Hawk® RedTail - Standard Edition must be the operating mode to enable the advanced features such as Content Packs, Dashboards, etc in TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail - Container Edition.
- Hawk Microagent for BusinessWorks Container Edition (HKBWCE) should be configured for each of the BWCE applications you want to monitor. Refer to https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-hawk-microagent-for-tibco-businessworks-container-edition-2-0-0
- For each instance of HKBWCE Microagent, enable the process stats by invoking the method
- Download the content pack oihkrtce_contentpack_businessworksce_community_v02.zip from the Resources below.
2. Go to the
Content Packs menu on the banner and click on the Import
Content Pack button:
oihkrtce_contentPack_businessWorksCE_community_v01.zip from your local file system.
4. You will see the new entry created for the imported Content Pack. Click on it to see the
Edit option on the right.
5. You can edit the Content Pack and go to Step 5 on the wizard to assign Roles with privileges for each of the Resource Groups for this Content Pack.
For e.g. you can assign Read-Write privileges to say BWAdmin role and Read-only privileges to the BWOperator role for the resource groups.
1. You can go to the Dashboards menu and look for the dashboard that got imported along with the Content Pack. E.g. for BWCE Content Pack, you can see the Dashboard as:
2. The Tags and Tag-based RuleBases are also automatically created when you import a Content Pack:
Click on BusinessWorksCE Content Pack to select, and go inside the view of this content pack.
- Navigate to the BusinessWorksCE Content Pack to access the Dashboard.
- In the
Activities Transactionssection, there is a panel named
Activity Transaction Logs. This panel uses LogLogic data source for Grafana, it connects remotely to LogLogic Log Management Intelligence (LMI) server to query the logs. You need to configure the LogLogic data source with the LMI Server URL and credentials and the log search query in the panel.
Note: If you do not have access to LogLogic LMI to store the logs, then you can remove this panel from the Dashboard.
3. There are 3 panels with Gauge visualization named
OrderDispatch Executions and
OrderComplete Executions. These are based on the BW process names of the sample Order Processing Application. You need to change the queries of these Panels. Edit the panels to find the query:
TS_hawk_bwce_processstats_max_execution | process_name="randombookorder.module.OrderCreator"
process_name filter to provide the actual process name in your application.
To learn more about TIBCO Operational Intelligence Hawk RedTail Container Edition, refer to our documentation at: https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-operational-intelligence-hawk-redtail-container-edition-7-0-0