Broad platform support
Guaranteed and secure delivery
Guaranteed message delivery with encrypted WebSocket connections using Transport Layer Security (TLS).
Simply connect your clients from anywhere to TIBCO Cloud Messaging server to send and receive messages. Instantly enhance your applications with real-time communication at a global scale.
Published: July 2017
There are currently no reviews for this content.
Why not be the first to review it - click here to login
TIBCO Cloud™ Messaging Community Wiki
Welcome to the TIBCO Cloud™ Messaging Community Wiki. This wiki allows the community to share how-to and other useful information.
Are you actively trialing TIBCO Cloud Messaging? Check out the TIBCO Cloud Messaging Trial Toolkit for all the tools you'll need to ensure a successful trial and enjoyable trial experience!
TIBCO Cloud Messaging provides developers with simple to use SDKs for developing real-time publish and subscribe messaging for mobile, web, and desktop applications.
TIBCO Cloud Messaging uses a publish and subscribe model for real-time messaging between applications. Your applications can publish messages with any content, and subscribing applications receive only those messages whose content matches with the subscribing application's interests.
TIBCO Cloud Messaging manages the global communications infrastructure freeing the developer to concentrate only on writing great applications. Connections to TIBCO Cloud Messaging are always persistent, secure, and authenticated using keys managed by you.
After you have registered with TIBCO Cloud Messaging you are ready to start coding. From your TIBCO Cloud Messaging account page get an authentication key and download an SDK in your preferred language.
Content-Based Message Addressing
TIBCO Cloud Messaging subscriptions use FTL Content-Based Addressing to route messages between applications. Content-based message addressing is preferred as it is a more expressive form of routing compared to topics or channels.
TIBCO Cloud Messaging provides durability for all subscriptions. What this means is that even when your application is not connected, TIBCO Cloud Messaging will persist the messages and deliver them once the application reconnects.
Quality of Service
TIBCO Cloud Messaging provides an at least once quality of service. When your application publishes a message TIBCO Cloud Messaging can provide a guarantee that the message was received and forwarded.
TIBCO Cloud Messaging makes use of the eFTL SDKs for developing real-time publish and subscribe applications.
- Connecting your application to TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Reconnecting to TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Subscribing to Messages on TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Unsubscribing from messages on TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Publishing Messages to TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- Messages and Message Fields
If you are having difficulties connecting your application to TIBCO Cloud Messaging consider the following:
- Check that you are providing the correct URL and a valid authentication key to the eFTL connect.
- Verify the current status of TIBCO Cloud Messaging on your subscription console.
- Note the code and reason returned by the eFTL disconnect listener.
If your application is not receiving messages consider the following:
- Check that the eFTL subscription matcher matches the messages being published.
- Verify the subscription completes successfully by the eFTL subscription listener.
- Verify the publish completes successfully by the eFTL completion listener.
- Note the code and reason returned by the eFTL publish and subscribe error listeners.
If your application is not receiving messages that were published while it was disconnected:
- Check that your application is connecting with the same client identifier.
- Check that your application is subscribing with the same durable name.
- Verify that your application is not unsubscribing before disconnecting.
Additional resources and information.
- Visit TIBCO Community Answers to ask questions.
- Check out the TIBCO Cloud Messaging Documentation.
- Drop us a line at email@example.com.