Bypassing custom Automation Services job builder
Hi we have applied custom autnicator for spotfire login .We are succesfully able to move from our apllication to spotfire server libraray which is integrated.
But we are not able to genarate report from Automation Services job builder tool.
Can someone suggest us which setting need to change in config file of Automation Services job builder.
I am using spotfire 7.8.
Thanks a lot.
I am not sure that weather we havn configured the Spotfire to use the domain "SPOTFIRE",havn't folllowed any other step other than basic installation ,could you point to any link or guide
Config files have admin usernam and password ,do we need to add someother ueername password combonation ?
Thanks @wyu a lot.
So capturing the network traffic will help. Also, the user executing should also be part of the Automation Services Users group. Here are some more details on the domain and collasping to SPOTFIRE.
1. What custom authentication are you using?
2. Are you able create an automation service job file?
3. What do you mean by "we are not able to generate report from Automation Services job builder tool"? What fails? What is the error?
4. For you automation services job, were you able successfully execute locally and over the server?
I think as the message suggested, it is not an Authenticaiton, but Authorization issue. I guess that is due to that the user which automation job logged in as do not have access right for the method.(StartJob).
Because it is customized authentication, I think the authenticaion is successful.
It is good that the basic AS job is running. Basically you have an authentication issue as the HTTP Error 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. The external authentication may be handling something differently. Did you configure Spotfire to use the domain "SPOTFIRE"? Does the config file have the credentials?
The next steps, use a network traffic tool (both Fiddler and Wireshark) to observe the traffic for the working case (basic auth) and non-working case (external auth) - on the Spotfire server. The difference in output the may provide you clues as to what the Spotfire server is expecting.
Here are the ansers to your questions:
1. We implemented the external authenticaiton with Servlet Filter. It works fine.
2. Yes. We successfully created an automation service job file. It works fine too with spotfire basic authenticaiton(We will fill in with an existing username/password). This is invoked by calling the command line ClientJobSender.exe.
3. With exteranl authentication enabled, inside the filter, we can identify the request sent by ClientJobSender. We just directly pass through this request with an credential from our app with a domain as 'SPOTFIRE'. However, it will get an Authorization error(401).
The error is listed below
07:57:14.567: Connecting to server http://10.100.x.x:8888.
07:57:14.739: Sending job to server http://10.100.x.x:8888.
07:57:14.942: Error executing job:
07:57:14.957: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at Spotfire.Dxp.Automation.JobBuilder.SpotfireServerJobExecutor.StartJob(String jobFileContent, String jobFilePath)
at Spotfire.Dxp.Automation.ClientJobSender.JobExecutionHandler.Run(CommandLineManager cmd)
D:\tibco\tss\7.8.1\TIBCO Spotfire Automation Services>