Can 2 different versions (V4 and V5) of Spotfire Professionals installed in the same machine?
Can 2 different versions (V4 and V5) of Spotfire Professionals installed in the same machine? If not, what is the workaround to do the same?
Yes ... you can have multiple versions on the same machine. I have 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 on same machine working just fine. Follow this:
1. Install the lowest version first.
2. Assuming you don't change the installation path, go to the installation directory. In my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\TIBCO\Spotfire\4.0\
3. Cut that directory and keep on your desktop.
4. Repeat Step 1-3 for each of the next version except the latest one.
5. Install the latest version you need.
6. Just copy over the folders of previous versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\TIBCO\Spotfire\. For me, it lists three folders 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
7.For each folder, run the Spotfire.Dxp.exe, validate with a server and then keep a shortcut on the desktop. Keep in mind that if you connect to server with higher version, it will ask your professional client to be upgraded. Only connect to right versions.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing your experience. However, I am sure there will be some way to install. I see the folder name is version (5.0.1) in Program Files under TIBCO->Spotfire after installing V5 Professional however Professional V3.1 was run but not installed.
Anyone was lucky installing 2 different versions of Professional Clients?