Can we create variables in Scribe Map
Can we create variables in Scribe Maps for e.g i want to keep a counter on rows processed. Is there a way i can declare variables and use it for temporary placeholder.
Here's and article on how to install the lookup table connector:
And one on how to use the Variables functionality:
The screenshots are from the classic version.
The way to do this is to use the Scribe Labs Lookup Table Connector, which you can find in the Scribe Online Marketplace. It allows you to define variables and set values in them. The basic pattern to do what you described is:
- Install the Lookup Tables connector.
- Create a connection to the connector.
- Use the upsert operation on create the variable and set it to 0.
- For each row you process, lookup the variable, and upsert it again to add 1 to it.
- At the end of your map, lookup the variable to get the count.
Here's a link to a little more information about the connector.
Keep in mind that you will want to fully test a solution using a Scribe Labs connector before deciding to put it into a production environment. Scribe Labs connectors are available as is without the usual support we give other connectors.