How Can We Do Better from a Community Perspective?
Greetings TIBCO Community! Mark Palmer here - I'm the senior vice president of the engineering for analytics, event processing, and Customer Success at TIBCO. We're excited to have launched our new TIBCO community. Many of you have asked "why a new community?" - this site is an important part of our multi-faceted plan to help improve our customer journey with our products. We've designed the new community to support an open-source, closed core with our component exchange, where you can download and share free, BSD licensed components. We've designed the new community to provide improved Q&A, Wikis, and doc access. And we've designed the site to support the breadth of our product line. Finally, although the backend is new, we control it and it's evolving quickly.
As we continually upgrade the site, we want your input by simply asking: "How can we do better?" "What needs to be better?" "What key functionality is missing?"
Thanks for your input, interaction, and participation!
I have seen so many questions in this community unanswered including questions I have asked.Request you to increase visibility and reach community site to official support forum.
you can sync official customer site to public forum so that other people can also get benefited from the answers from private forum?
you can set up priority between public and private support forum(means private forum have specified SLA but public forum can have SLA for longer duration but make sure relevant questions should be answered.
I am happy with the current mail based notification for questions and answer in which I have participated.
you can enable notification according to my interest like Facebook in right hand side panel for community site so that whenever I logged into to community site I can see notification.
Its seems that all the questions from previous site are not properly migrated because I have opened some of the link ex:- http://www.tibcommunity.com/assets/blt3133b225c472bb34/plugin_bw6_2015se...
Above link is Plug-in compatibility list for ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.x from https://community.tibco.com/wiki/connectors-activematrix-businessworks6x page.
and it opens migration completed page.
you can encourage community member to post the answers also if they got solution ;thing is though they got the solution but answers/solution not posted which is causing so many unanswered question.
you can create some point system on the basis of number of questions answered by user,number of upvote,no of seen, number of people benefited from these answers
and display say top 20 user ontibco community screen.you can title them say tibco integration champ,tibco analytics champ .......so on according to product!This will increase competition and will encourage user to actively participate in community subsequently active user count.
I fixed the link on the Wiki page for the BW6 Plugins you identified. You could have done it, too -- all I did was Google for "Plug-in compatibility list for ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 6.x" -- one of the first items that came up was for that asset on community.tibco.com -- and edited the Wiki page, which of course is what wiki pages are for -- community editing.
But I don't know why the link wasn't fixed up during migration. If there's a lot of those, that's a problem.
In general, though, it's probably better to report specfic problems with specific pages to the firstname.lastname@example.org mail alias than on this very general Answer page which is more of a meta-discussion about community. That email alias goes direct to the community manager/operations team.
Search on the TIBCO Community does not reliably find all results. As an example, I searched for SaveCompatibilityVersion and got no results, but through a google search I found this page that contains that term: https://community.tibco.com/questions/file-size-increasing-while-saving
Your response on questions is still very slow, I work at a company that employs your services.My projects have time frames which I must meet and I still see alot of questions on your website go unanswered for long periods of time(mine included). I would therefore suggest that you really increase the amount of service personell working in your support department.Either that or find some creative way to assist them , e.g rewarding expert users who are not spotfire staff, on your website maybe a points system.
That can go a long way in helping to alleviate your backlog of support questions , which is my biggest concern at the moment.
TIBCO Product Support's version of a FAQ is the Support Knowledge Base.
I think the easiest way to access that is to use the new federated Search pages (which also should satisfy your wish for being able to search the public areas of the Support Knowledge Base and also Community simultaneously).
Two ways to get to the TIBCO Search are:
and also just go to support.tibco.com and click on the Knowledge Base link itself in the upper right corner of that main support page.
Surely this is a Community site, not a Support site. If you have Support questions and you want an answer from TIBCO people, then you should log a support call.
Posting on the Community site is tapping into the expertise of anyone who chooses to monitor the site - TIBCO and non-TIBCO people alike. I agree it is good when TIBCO people monitor this site and respond, but they should surely be concentrating on clearing Support calls logged via the SUpport channels.
Having said that, it would be good if Support could maintain a "commonly asked support questions and answers" area to both the Community site and the Support site.
1. It'd be nice to have the products directly searchable rather than having to expand the list every time we have to get to those product groups that have less questions.
2. It'd be nice to have moderators for the questions rather than anyone answering the questions. If we have designated group of people for respective product as moderators we can effectively make sure the answers / questions submitted are appropriate and don't cause any damage to product's reputation. Moderators would also be able to see the answer before it's posted as the first response to ensure the provided answer is accurate or not. Although, they can wish to approve everything if they don't have the bandwidth for it.
3. Just like Similar questions pane to the right side, it'd be nice to have what's new or trending pane which shows what's new in the product where we can post so users get this info from here. Like a blog post that's new, a release that's new etc. etc.
4. Per product if you have top contributors, thats displayed anywhere on the community page, that'll increase the reward for answering questions. Leaderboards or just rankings.
5. Try now should lead to request for trail for all the software. Not just a few. If a product has the ability to give out trails when customers go to eval.tibco.com and request, then those products should still be in Try Now drop down, or a link that takes them to eval for all those products. (Example LogLogic LMI has trail version request if customers go to eval.tibco.com and request.)