IllegalCharacterException when trying to connect through Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services

Downloaded the trail version of Spotfire Analyst 7.9.0.

Trying to connect to a ActiveViam product, ActivePivot, who exposes a xmla servlet.

Installed the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 SP1 ADOMD.NET driver

When trying to connect to my cube I get the following:

WARNING: thread=qtp1810132623-14 Mon Jul 24 18:30:59 EDT 2017 org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser$IllegalCharacterException <init>
Illegal character 0xE in state=START for buffer HeapByteBuffer@55ecb28a[p=1,l=436,c=8192,r=435]={\x0e<<<\x10\x00\x04\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x01\x9c\x10\x00\x00\x00te...y>\r\n</Envelope>>>>\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00...\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00}
WARNING: thread=qtp1810132623-14 Mon Jul 24 18:30:59 EDT 2017 org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser parseNext
bad HTTP parsed: 400 Illegal character 0xE for HttpChannelOverHttp@68cd5e2b{r=0,c=false,a=IDLE,uri=null}

I've tried other versions of the driver as well (2008, 2014, 2016) and they exhibit the same exception.

If I connect through Microsoft Excel, I'm able to hit the cube. Connect via http://localhost:9090/xmla

The above exception is when I try to connect through Spotfire using localhost:9090\xmla

Using this I see the exception on the server side.

 

Without the xmla instance name I see the same exception. (i.e: localhost:9090)

Without the port number it doesn't connect. (i.e: localhost or localhost\xmla)

 

Please advise if this is something on your side.

EDIT: Tried putting the application on a tomcat, the localhost_access_logs.txt shows the following when I tried to connect with Spotfire:

127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:20:58 -0400] "---- --   --  --œ--   text/xml<Envelope xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> " 400 -

If I connect with Excel, I would see the following in the localhost_access_logs.txt

127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 2180
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1100
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1100
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 521
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1424
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1420
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1432
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1220
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1420
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1356
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:24 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1351
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:25 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 4315
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:25 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1252
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:25 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1421
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:25 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1878
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:25 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 1348
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:36 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 200 521
127.0.0.1 - - [02/Aug/2017:11:35:38 -0400] "POST /sandboxFullServer/xmla HTTP/1.1" 401 1108

 

(2) Answers

Login