Upgrade from TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.12 to 7.14 : AWS Redshift database issues

Hi everyone,

I am running TIBCO Spotfire Server on an Amazon instance running Windows Server 2016, with the Spotfire Node Manager running on a separate Windows instance (also running Windows Server 2016). We are running Oracle DB (which also runs on a separate instance) as the Spotfire internal database, and Amazon Redshift as the database that holds our primary data. I set up our Amazon Redshift database as our Data Source in Information Designer, and our data always loaded perfectly fine when we used Spotfire 7.12. 

However, I just upgraded our system from Spotfire Server 7.12 to 7.14, following the instructions that were in the documentation (first installed Spotfire Server 7.14, then ran the upgrade tool). When I am running the Spotfire client, I am now receiving an error in the "Data Source" section of the Information Designer. When I try to click on any of our tables, I get the following error as a pop-up window (see also attached photo). Does anyone have an idea why this error occurs now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Error message: Could not get contents of 'analysis' from the server.

The data source reported a failure.

InformationModelException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

Error retrieving metadata: ERROR: type "e" does not exist (HRESULT: 80131500)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.ListDataSourceItemChildren(DataSourceItem parent)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.InformationDesigner.Cache.CachedDataSourceItem.<GetChildren>d__30.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.InformationDesigner.Cache.CachedItem.EnsureChildrenLoaded()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.InformationDesigner.VirtualMultiSelectTreeView.TreeItem.Expand()

InformationModelServiceException at Spotfire.Dxp.Services:

Error retrieving metadata: ERROR: type "e" does not exist (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.WebServiceBase`1.InvokeService[T](ServiceMethod`1 serviceMethod, ExceptionFactoryMethod exceptionFactoryMethod)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.ListDataSourceItemChildren(DataSourceItem parent)

(1) Answer

Login