Is there a way in the current(or future) Scribe Online platform to restrict certain users to specific child organizations?
I tested the workaround, but I think I missed your exact use case.
There's no method to give a user access to the parent organization AND a subset of child organizations. Granting access to the parent grants access to all children by default. If you want to give access to a subset of child orgs, you need to remove them from the parent org first, and then add to the child orgs one by one. But of course, then they don't have access to the parent org.
Here's why you can't delete the user from a child if it's in the parent:
- The user permissions cascade down from the parent org
- Therefore, deleting a user from a child org will have no effect if it's still in the parent org
- It repopulates on the refresh
I agree that the the workaround is sub optimal if you have a lot of child organizations.
It should probably display a message if you try to delete the user from the child org. I can send this suggestion to Dev.
Besides being impractical when having many Child organziations, this does not seem to work.
I have done the following test: Created a new user... added him to my parent organization and then removed him from all childs except on and the parent org...
When I log in with that user... he still has access to all the child organizations...
Evenmore... after deleting the user from a child org, I see it removed from the user list... but if I change the view to something else and back to the user list... the deleted user appears in the user list again.
And one more annoying thing... I had accidentaly deleted the test user from the parent org too...
But when logging in with that test user, a new organization was created automatically with the same name as the real parent organization, but this new child organization does not show as child organization of the real parent.
Should I raise a ticket about all of this?
This should work:
- Login to the Parent Organization as an administrator user, but not the one you want to restrict
- Delete the user from the parent organization
- Switch to each child organization individually (select from top left drop down, or using Child Organizations, Switch To)
- Add the user to each child organization
Let me know if you need anything else.