AI on Demand: Data Science in Operations
Artificial intelligence (AI) is right here, right now—and it’s changing our lives. The ever-present need for business optimization, combined with a long history of applied statistics, explosive growth in available data and recent advances in cloud computing has accelerated innovation and business transformation.
However, creating and implementing AI systems is tricky – many things to get right, many technology options and many human and business considerations.
This "AI on Demand" program provides guidance, examples, accelerators and starter apps for running AI systems at scale. The program shows real-time AI in action, including case studies in recommender systems, anomaly detection, risk management, dynamic pricing and customer engagement. The presentations and workshops feature TIBCO Connected Intelligence technology, which embodies all the major functions of AI – at scale in a single platform.
For inspiration and as a refresher - check out this page for our AI and Data Visualization: the Beauty and the Brains tour of 2018. We really enjoyed meeting so many of you in person in the various cities and countries during that roadshow and we are looking forward to doing the same this year with this particular focus on Data Science in Operations.
Click here to read our blog on AI on Demand: Data Science in Operations
We held a Webinar 'Artificial Intelligence on Demand: Data Science in Operations' on February 25th, 1:30 pm CST by Michael O'Connell, Chief Analytics Officer at TIBCO. This Webinar is an exciting companion to the physical meetup series.
View SlideShare here.
Topics that are covered in the Webinar:
- Applying AI insights in real-time to enable optimal business decisions
- Real-world examples of AI-powered recommender systems and anomaly detection
- How to take advantage of TIBCO’s AI on-demand systems for faster insights and better decisions
1. Customer Engagement
Brands today are seeking to deliver smarter engagement with customers by infusing predictive analytics into critical processes. Advanced analytics is a team sport and algorithms are only one piece of the puzzle. Data scientists, citizen data scientists, business users, and developers need flexible and extensible tools that promote collaboration, automation, and reuse of analytic workflows and deliver the analytics results to multiple customer touchpoints. Watch this demo to see how a fictitious telecommunication provider, "Telco X", delivers real-time contextual offers through the collaborative efforts of its marketing department, data scientist and IT.
- Learn how TIBCO can help your telecommunications company deliver real-time contextual offers to customers
- Read how companies can create smart apps with TIBCO Data Science. See how "Telco X" improves sales of the newest smartphone and what can be done when predictive analytics is infused into critical business processes.
- View the full demo on this YouTube playlist.
2. Fraud and Risk Management
- Accelerators - find more information on how to use these solutions here! Specifically the Risk Management Accelerator
- Find more info on Cloud Starters and TIBCO Labs - and the TIBCO Cloud Risk Investigation App
3. Insurance - Dynamic Pricing
Insurance quoting systems are becoming increasingly online and self-service, generating new data rapidly. Insurance brokers sell policies based on premiums priced by insurers. If brokers are able to utilize new data effectively, they may offer more competitive premiums by using their commissions to provide discounts to select customers. Our solutions show how TIBCO Analytics can not only monitor and visualize new quote data in real-time but also continuously "rebase" machine learning models with new data and improve the model automatically over time.
- Detailed Video Demo
- Accelerators - find more information on how to use these solutions here! Specifically the Insurance Pricing Accelerator
- Technical Case study avaialble from the AAI customer reference page or content library: Closed Loop Continuous Learning with TIBCO: Dynamic Online Pricing
4.1 Manufacturing - Digital Twin for Yield
This is a manufacturing demo about digital twins for yield. It's about real-time, continuous analysis of manufacturing equipment sensor and process data at very large scales - up to millions of predictor columns - to understand the causes of semiconductor product yield loss. Digital twins are virtual representations of physical systems. The recent intense interest in them is fueled by the convergence of IoT, machine learning and big data technology directed at the growing volumes of data available from sensors on process equipment. As the process complexity increases, these digital twins are becoming key to efficient operations and high product yields. Part 1 of this demo features Spotfire and shows how the data is visualized to easily view the results. Part 2 features TIBCO Data Science and shows the big data science workflow used to generate the data visualized in Part 1. Click on the image below to watch recordings of this demo.
View all materials for the Digital Twin use case on the Manufacturing Solutions page.
4.2 High Tech Manufacturing Accelerator - Advanced Process Control
- Accelerators - find more information on how to use these solutions here! Specifically the High Tech Manufacturing Accelerator
5. Energy Sector - Production Surveillance & Condition-Based Maintenance
- Check our re-cap of TIBCO Energy day in Houston for example using Spotfire AI, master data management with EBX, production modeling with Statistica, and more!
- Want to monitor your industrial equipment in real-time? Click the image below to view a video demonstration:
In this example, we take historical data, determine conditions that help us predict failure, deploy those as rules into a real-time data feed, and monitor for potential new failures with streaming data. This "closed-loop" analytics process helps you tighten your operations and increase uptime.
- Want to try yourself? See our Github repo with a step-by-step walkthrough HERE
- Or, just interact with a Live streaming version directly on our Demo Gallery HERE
All-New AI Recommendations in Spotfire X
Artificial Intelligence is now built into your Spotfire X experience! Spotfire AI Recommendations go beyond simple suggestions using variable types. Intelligent algorithms now comb through your data to find variables with the strongest relationships. Rather than use "guess-and-check" to manually explore your data variable-by-variable, augmented intelligence guides you towards insights with a single click. Then, all of the convenience and power of Spotfire X’s visualization, dashboarding, and advanced curation features are at your disposal to design and deploy visual workflows to your audience.
- Whitepaper - AI for Accelerating the Analytics Journey
- Webinar - AI and Spotfire X: Inside and Out
- Blog - AI and Machine Learning: Inside and Out
Cities and dates for the Meetups
- London, UK, July 3, 2019 - click here for registration link
- Dallas, TX, US, April 10, 2019 - click here for registration link
- Falls Church, VA, US, April 10, 2019 - click here for registration link
- Denver, CO, US, April 24, 2019 - click here for Meetup page and registration link
- Oslo, Norway, September 5, 2019
- Munich, Germany, October 16, 2019
Registration information for your city will become available here, as well as on TIBCO's meetup page a few weeks in advance of the Meetup date. Search on the Meetup page using the city name.
Additional dates are being planned for below - registration pages will be released via this page for this meeting series page on the TIBCO Web Site
And you can ofcourse learn about AI on Demand: Data Science in Operations and meet with Michael O'Connell and the TIBCO Data Science team during our global TIBCO NOW tour!
You might also be interested in joining us every few months for the TIBCO Analytics Meetup (virtual) - please join this community of 600+ and stay up to date on the latest advanced analytics use-cases, tips & tricks and TIBCO Specific capabilities applied within the broader analytics ecosystem. The target audience for this is technical TIBCO Software users and those interested in learning more (analysts, data scientists, data engineers, analytics leaders, AI specialists)