New TIBCO Community Launches Soon!
The community will temporarily be 'read-only' beginning July 8th until the launch.
Departmental Use Cases for Collaboration: Human Resources
To maximize the benefits of collaboration, it's important to have an open and sharing-oriented organizational culture. But this can be a chicken and egg situation: there can often be a need to show collaboration value in order to open up and spur more sharing; but openness and sharing is the terra firma on which real collaboration happens. Well-planned use cases can ease this common dilemma.
In this new blog series, we'll take a closer look at use cases for leveraging enterprise social networking (ESN) for a variety of departments. Department-level use cases do double duty here actually, because they are solid starting points for priming the pump of the collaboration engine as I discussed in my previous blog posts . But also, it's quick and easy to show these kinds of use cases to department leaders to build a vision of what the results would be, and get their buy in.
To start, let's consider Human Resources. ESN solutions like tibbr give HR the ability to quickly create expertise profiles, cross-functional discussion areas, blogging, activity feeds, and more. This can accelerate time from hire to productivity, reduce impact on colleagues by making questions from previous new employees available, and make it easy for each department or team (or country, or office) to maintain a new subject in addition to firm-wide subjects.
TIBCO tibbr's Customer Success team shares a few examples of the use cases they've helped create for HR organizations all over the world. Let's take a look!
Use Case #1: New Employee Introductions
Imagine what your new employee introduction process would look like by using tibbr. Your organization's new employees could:
- View their wall on Day 1 to start immediately getting up to speed
- New to tibbr widget on right helps them get familiar with the tool and get fully setup on mobile
- What’s happening and popular content below help them discover new content and subjects that they should start following
- First post is from HR manager of the region who welcomes Ricky to the team and shares some valuable resources with him to get onboarded
- Welcome posts come in from everyone and finally from his Manager who would like to connect and have a meeting
Use Case #2: New Employee Onboarding
Now let's imagine that new employee is able to join a new-hire community. What would that look like?
- Viewing local new hire onboarding subject managed by local HR team
- Public subject available for all to join
- Ricky, as a new employee has posted a question about a good family doctor in the area, to which he has received several responses immediately
- Ricky can find additional information related to HR policies in the files and links sections
- Subject tab for new hires available for users to click and get some useful information on getting started
- Events, files, discussions, profiles, etc., all in one place!
Use Case #3: Recruiting Faster & Better
How can the Recruiting team leverage tibbr to find candidates better and faster?
- Viewing pubic subject for posting new opportunities – managed by talent recruitment
- Ruth, talent manager, has posted an urgent job opportunity for a solutions consultant in Singapore across this subject, Singapore subject, Engineering subject and a few more to make sure everyone that might be able to help see’s this post
- This shows the power of cross posting to multiple subjects
- Within a day, there are several shares, mentions and referrals to help close the position
- Such a platform with it’s ability to cross post across subjects and share, make it much easier to spread the word on new openings and can help companies save thousands on recruiters fees
There are hundreds of use cases for collaboration within HR. Start a free trial at try.tibbr.com, and talk with our experienced team of collaboration experts to make collaboration work for your organization.