Extending TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Spotfire® is a highly extensible and customizable platform. It contains a variety of options to extend the core functionality with custom components, customize and automate your Spotfire analyses or even embed Spotfire visualizations into other web applications.
You can extend TIBCO Spotfire yourself using TIBCO Spotfire's publicly published APIs, download extensions from the TIBCO component exchange or one of our partners' marketplaces, engage TIBCO professional services or engage one of TIBCO Spotfire's partners to create it for you.
TIBCO Spotfire® Developer Platform
Extending Spotfire with C#
The Spotfire platform provides a comprehensive API that let you extend Spotfire's capabilities with custom components, such as tools, visualizations, data sources, data transformations and much more.
Automation with IronPython
Configure and automate your Spotfire analysis using IronPython scripting. This is a quick and easy way to get started with customizing Spotfire as you don't need to build a custom extension and you don't need any additional tools.
Web Services (SOAP and REST)
The Spotfire Server provides web services to interact with the Spotfire Library, Information Services, User Directory and other server components.
- Web Services API - tutorials and examples
- SOAP Web Services API Reference
- Library REST API Reference
- Automation Services REST API Reference
Extending Spotfire Server with Java
The Spotfire Server provides Java APIs to extend and customize authentication models, Information Services data sources and other server components.
Extending Automation Services with C#
The Spotfire Automation Services API lets you create custom tasks that can be used together with the built in tasks when running automated jobs.
- How to create an Automation Services Custom Task
- Spotfire Automation Services API Reference
- Spotfire Analyst API Reference
Spotfire Binary Data File (SBDF) programming library
Integrate Spotfire directly into your data workflows and business processes by generate and consume data in an optimal format for Spotfire.
- Cobranding manual. - Customize the look and feel of the Spotfire clients and the Server administrative interface by replacing the product name, logo, and similar resources with those in your own company profile.
Custom Login Page
- Create a Custom Login Page - Tutorial showing how to create a custom login page for the Spotfire Server, enabling you to fully customize the look and feel.
- HTML in Spotfire Text Areas - a great way to enhance the look and feel of your dashboards.
Customize Sample Files
- Customize the sample files shown on the start page in Spotfire Analyst - Replace the default sample files with other sample files that may be more relevant to a specific market or user context.
Parameterize Spotfire Clients and Analyses
- Spotfire Analyst Command Line Parameter Reference - Configure the launch behaviour of Spotfire Analyst using command line parameters.
- Configuration blocks - Parameterizing an analysis means to inject parameters into the process of opening the Spotfire analysis file, and optionally configure the analysis further before it becomes interactive to the user. Both actions are defined in a configuration block.
- The Spotfire Application Profiler is useful for understanding your analysis files. It can iterate over a collection of files and report on them. The Application Profiler is easily extended by using IronPython scripting.
TIBCO Spotfire® Deployment Kit for Apple iOS
- Use TIBCO Spotfire® Deployment Kit for Apple iOS to customize and deploy a special version of Spotfire for Apple mobile devices.
Extensions & Customizations (TIBCO)
- With the addition of the Python Data Function Extension, users can now employ Python language in the creation and execution of data functions in Spotfire Data Analyst. Python users who are familiar with the process of writing data functions in TERR will be able to create custom functions however simple or complex. The utilization of packages such as Pandas and Numpy allow for a seamless transition between TERR and Python Data Functions.
KNIME and Spotfire
- KNIME and Spotfire - When you need to quickly and easily manipulate, analyze, and distill statistics from data, the combination of TIBCO Spotfire and KNIME might be something to consider. It gives you the ability to rapidly iterate and visualize your analyses in a code-free environment for improved speed to insight. Further details on KNIME partner page.
TIBCO Data Science - Statistica and Spotfire
- Starting with TIBCO Statistica 13.4 release, TIBCO Statistica and TIBCO Spotfire can be nicely integrated together. The Spotfire-Statistica Data Function allows you to call Statistica workflows from Spotfire. This is empowers citizen data scientists by incorporating predictive analytics, along with sophisticated data preparation and cleaning from your Spotfire dashboard.
- Spotfire Extension for Alerting - allows you to configure alerts directly from any Spotfire analysis file and can be used to alert when thresholds or rules on any chart are violated. It is an extension for TIBCO Spotfire that integrates with Automation Services via an alerting task. The task can generate e-mail, text or pop-up alerts.
Natural Language Generation Extension with Wordsmith
Spotfire can be extended with a Natural Language Generation capability. Natural Language Generation is a field of Machine Learning that deals with Natural Language Processing to generate human-like speech. Spotfire integrates with Wordsmith to take structured data and create stories with the tone personality & variability of a human being.
Extensions & Customizations (partners)
TIBCO Spotfire connector for BIOVIA Pipeline Pilot
- The integration of TIBCO Spotfire and BIOVIA Pipeline Pilot allows the creation of workflow based applications which combine advanced scientific data access and manipulation with powerful interactive visualizations. More information can be found on this page
Web Mashups: SpiceUp.Ax
SpiceUp.Ax is a development framework for TIBCO® Spotfire mashups design and development. It allows developers to extend the Spotfire Platform with Web applications. More information can be found on this page.
- Spotfire components on the Exchange: Download data functions and analysis templates that enable you to easily extend Spotfire capabilities.
Other Spotfire Marketplaces:
- Exchange ai Community Group - hosted by TIBCO partner Ruths.ai. Partner marketplace that offers pre-built apps for Spotfire. Includes apps for data quality, data science, finance, integration, knowledge management, manufacturing, oil and gas, and more.
Spotfire Professional Services
- Looking to get help directly from TIBCO? Email the Spotfire Professional Services team.
- Need some extra help extending and customizing Spotfire? Check out our Spotfire Partner overview for some help near you
Back to Main Spotfire Wiki page