Who is KNIME®?
At KNIME, we build software for fast, easy and intuitive access to advanced data science, helping organizations drive innovation.
Our KNIME Analytics Platform is the leading open solution for data-driven innovation, designed for discovering the potential hidden in data, mining for fresh insights, or predicting new futures. Organizations can take their collaboration, productivity and performance to the next level with a robust range of commercial extensions to our open source platform.
For over a decade, a thriving community of data scientists in over 60 countries has been working with our platform on every kind of data: from numbers to images, molecules to humans, signals to complex networks, and simple statistics to big data analytics.
KNIME’s headquarters are based in Zurich, with additional offices in Konstanz, Berlin, and Silicon Valley. We’re open for innovation, so visit us at www.KNIME.com.
KNIME offers a variety of products from open source analytics to commercial solutions for scaling and enterprise.
KNIME Analytics Platform
KNIME Analytics Platform is the leading open solution for data-driven innovation, helping you discover the potential hidden in your data, mine for fresh insights, or predict new futures.
KNIME Analytics Platform offers powerful analytics, data & tool blending, an open platform including unrestricted open source code, and over 1000 modules and growing.
For more details, please have a look at the KNIME Analytics Platform webpage for details: https://www.knime.org/knime
To try it now, just download it! https://www.knime.org/downloads/overview
KNIME Server enables you to store and control permissions to your workflows and access them from anywhere in your company.
Its WebPortal® is the perfect way to distribute pre-configured workflows created by power users to all end users.
For more details, please have a look at the KNIME Server webpage: https://www.knime.org/knime-server
KNIME Big Data Extension
KNIME Big Data Extension integrates the power of Apache™ Hadoop® and Spark® with the ease-of-use of KNIME Analytics Platform and KNIME Server. You do not have to be a Hadoop expert anymore to make the most of your big data!
For more details, please have a look at the KNIME Big Data Extension webpage: https://www.knime.org/knime-big-data-extensions
Request an evaluation license and give it a try! https://www.knime.org/big-data-extensions-free-30-day-trial
Combining KNIME and TIBCO Products
KNIME Spotfire Nodes
TIBCO has released native KNIME Spotfire® nodes. They support reading and writing of TIBCO Spotfire® files and reading from Spotfire® Information Links.
- From the Help menu, choose Install New Software
- Add a new repository by with the URL http://update.knime.org/partner/3.1
- Choose the Spotfire File Nodes extension
- Keep choosing Next, until you complete the wizard, accepting installation of unsigned software. Restart KNIME when the installation is complete
- After restart, you should see a separate TIBCO category in the node browser, from which you can pick the Spotfire nodes
The latest version of the nodes was released in February 2017, with updates for compatibility with Spotfire® 7.5 and above, plus a number of bug fixes.
The Spotfire file reader and file writer nodes read and write Spotfire native (SBDF/STDF - Spotfire Binary or Text Data Format) files. Spotfire reads and writes these files without the need for import or export since the files are strongly typed (unlike Excel or CSV) and highly efficient in their usage of storage (especially SBDF).
Of particular note is that the file reader and writer nodes can read and write data files to the Spotfire library. This is important as it allows users to use the Spotfire library as a repository for business data, without requiring warehouses to be created for every single different type of data. The data can also be updated by KNIME on a scheduled basis and loaded into Spotfire for use every time a user opens an analysis that uses the data.
The KNIME – Spotfire Connector by EPAM
The combination of TIBCO Spotfire and KNIME Analytics Platform delivers unrivalled flexibility, power, and ability to rapidly innovate in a code free environment.
The KNIME – Spotfire Connector, developed by EPAM, allows the user to exploit the best of two worlds: the easy-to-use and powerful ETL and data manipulation of KNIME Analytics Platform and the visualization and collaboration features of TIBCO Spotfire. It allows workflows to be run interactively from within Spotfire - passing data and parameters from Spotfire to KNIME workflows.
For more information about the KNIME - Spotfire Connector, please check EPAM's brochure on its Spotfire Accelerators: https://www.epam.com/content/dam/epam/free_library/Brochures/TIBCO_Spotfire.pdf
Terr and the KNIME R Integration
The KNIME R integration extension perfectly fits TIBCO TERR. In KNIME Analytics Platform, you can write a TERR script inside a KNIME R node, thus combining the TERR analytics features with ease-of-use of the editing and debugging environment for R provided by the KNIME R nodes.
When KNIME, when TIBCO?
Use KNIME Analytics Platform for:
- Data cleansing;
- Extracting, Transforming, and Loading data (ETL);
- TERR execution through KNIME R integration and coding environment;
- Creating PMML models.
Use TIBCO Spotfire for:
- Visualization & reporting;
- Geo-analytics with TIBCO Geo-analytics Builder API;
- TERR-based analytics;
- Streambase real-time PMML scoring.
Use case KNIME ‒ Spotfire Integration: Product Propensity Analysis
This use case was presented at a Bay Area KNIME User Meetup on January 2016 and includes a few classical steps in data analytics.
In KNIME Analytics Platform:
- Data Blending. Customer data from different sources are combined;
- ETL. Data is cleaned, transformed, and pre-processed;
- Model Training with TERR. KNIME R integration is used to write, test, and deploy a TERR script to build GBM models for product propensity;
- Model Application with TERR. Again through KNIME R integration we applied the developed model to test data;
- Data Export. Resulting data were passed to TIBCO Spotfire Writer node from the KNIME - Spotfire integration.;
- Guided Analytics. Web-based wizard was built on KNIME WebPortal to access and control workflow parameters from a web browser.
In TIBCO Spotfire:
- Visualization. Visualization of final and intermediate results and geo-localization of customer and store.
In TIBCO Streambase:
- Deployment. Deployment of GBM PMML models into TIBCO Streambase for real time scoring.
Slides of the presentation can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Where can I find the InfomatiX connector for KNIME-Spotfire integration?
Go to http://infomatix.net/spotfire-extensions/ix-knime-spotfire-integration Here you will find more information on the KNIME – Spotfire integration and you can ask for an Enterprise Trial Package.
- How can I use TERR from the KNIME R Integration?
Go to "File" -> "Preferences". In the "Preferences" window, open the "KNIME" tab and then the "R" tab. On the right, change the value in "Path to R Home" to point to your TERR installation.