This page has information about capabilities, architecture and administration of Spotfire products.
Spotfire for the Enterprise: An Overview for IT Administrators: This whitepaper, based on the new 7.5 architecture, is intended for those wanting information on TIBCO Spotfire® administration and deployment capabilities: its architecture, data connection, security, scalability, administration, and performance.
Spotfire System Administrators Install, configure, validate and maintain the Spotfire Server to support Spotfire users.
- Spotfire Server Documentation
- Spotfire Server and Authentication Supported
- Custom/External Authentication in TIBCO Spotfire 7.5 - Many customers want to embed TIBCO Spotfire Web Player into a portal or other web application and secure access by passing authentication information from the portal to TIBCO Spotfire. Customers also have internal Web application security standards that require Single-Sign-On to all web applications which would include TIBCO Spotfire Web Player. TIBCO Spotfire supports these scenarios via custom and external authentication. With TIBCO Spotfire 7.5, the architecture has changed such that the support for these scenarios has moved from the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player to the TIBCO Spotfire Server.
- Configuring Anonymous Access to Analysis Files in Spotfire 7.5 - Many customers want to embed TIBCO Spotfire Web Player into a portal or other web application and have these analysis files available to users who are not authenticated. In TIBCO Spotfire 7.5, since the Spotfire Server is handling all client requests and authentication, there are a set of options that allow anonymous access to certain analysis files within the Spotfire Library.
- Spotfire Scripted and Silent Installation - Example scripts and information for slient, scripted installation of the Spotfire server components.
- Spotfire Server Disaster Recovery Options - Discuses various options for handling disaster recovery in a Spotfire environment.
- TIBCO Spotfire Application Profiler Infomation - The Spotfire Application Profiler is a diagnostic tool that is available in the Spotfire Analyst client given the appropriate access. The Application Profiler is a diagnostic utility that allows a Spotfire administrator or a superuser to scan the Spotfire Library and acquire an overview of all the analysis files. It can be run manually or from the command line. Please see the referenced article and Spotfire Application Profiler Tech Note for details.
- Spotfire Server Tomcat Network Settings to Improve WAN Performance - Provides some settings that can be helpful to Spotfire Analyst users when the Analyst clients are some distance away on the network from the Spotfire Server.
- Analyst Spotfire Server SQL Logs in Spotfire - Provides a Spotfire analysis file with an IronPython script for processing Spotfire Server SQL Log files into a Spotfire data table.
- Upgrade Java for TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.5 and later
- Upgrade Apache Tomcat for TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.5 and later
- Upgrade Spring for TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.5 and later
Mobile Capabilities - Spotfire represents the state of the art in visual data discovery, analytic applications and self service dashboard creation - and also also extends its capabilities into Mobile dashboards/apps.
Data Administrators support users in connecting to their enterprise data sources
- Spotfire Data Access Wiki page - This page covers getting your data it into a form convenient for visualization or analysis. That includes accessing, cleaning, joining, limiting, summarizing and transforming data.
- The Spotfire Data Access FAQ provides answers to general data access questions from best practices to performance to prompting, etc.
- The Spotifre JDBC Data Access Connectivity Details Wiki page provides data source templates and other details regarding various data sources that have JDBC drivers. This a wide range of data sources including Impala, Hive, HBase, , Drill, Access DB, Redshift, SAP HANA, etc. Please visit the page to see the entire list of data sources since additional ones are continually being added.
- How to load data from a simple URL or Web Service in Spotfire Analyst - Using Add Data from File in Spotfire Analyst, one can add data from a smple URL or Web Service just by pasting the URL into the File name text box.
The Spotfire Products page has links to documentation and trial versions of the software
Back to Main Spotfire Wiki page