Visualizations and Dashboards with TIBCO Spotfire®
This page is your guide to create, configure and interact with standard, custom and embedded visualizations in TIBCO Spotfire®. To visualize data on mobile devices, see the TIBCO Spotfire® Mobile page.
- Use and Interact with a dashboard in Spotfire
- Create a Spotfire Dashboard in 5 minutes
- Share and export your Spotfire Insights
- Get around in Spotfire Analyst
- Visualization Basics in Spotfire
- Style and Configure Visualizations in Spotfire
- Create Map charts in Spotfire
- Create Streaming Visualizations in Spotfire
- How To Make Data Drill Downs In Spotfire
- Intro to Custom Expressions
- Drill Down your Data Visualizations with Markings
- Fit Lines and Curves to your Data in Spotfire
- Intro to Multivariate Visualizations and Analysis in Spotfire
- Analyze Similarity in your Data with Spotfire's Line Similarity Tool
- Basic Text Area Styling in Spotfire
- Create Control Panels in Text Areas
- Build a User Experience in Spotfire
Dashboards & Visual Design
- Visual Design Best Practices
- Designing dashboards for consumption on all types of devices
- Implementing drill through when clicking a bar in a bar-chart in Spotfire
- Building beautiful Spotfire dashboards using Visual Themes and Color Schemes
- Setting the layout of visualizations on a page with Spotfire's LayoutDefinition API
- Understanding Data Visualizations (Webinar series about best practices in graphics visualizations)
Specific Visualizations Topics
- Raise the bar with effective Bar charts
- How to visualize top n categories vs the rest in a Bar chart
Waterfall charts are commonly used in financial analysis, but are useful for other use cases as well when you need to show how different component factors contribute to a final result.
- Why use a Waterfall chart?
- Creating a Waterfall chart in Spotfire
- Using Waterfall charts for difference analysis with Spotfire
Line charts make it very easy to visualize data over time but there are some more advanced scenarios where some tips and tricks may be needed.
- Visualize data in a line chart where the line color changes based on the primary measure or another column
- Making a Line chart with vertical lines
- Configure log scale grid lines
- Binning and Color Scheme Example
- How to find and extract Inflection Point of fitted lines
- Label top 10 or specific markers in a map or scatterplot
- Density of datapoints over time
Map chart in Spotfire is incredibly flexible and has its own section on the Spotfire wiki: TIBCO Location Analytics wiki page.
KPI chart is an effective way of presenting numbers, comparative values and status of KPIs, on mobile, web or desktop Spotfire applications.
- Get KPIs on your mobile device with Spotfire
- Monitor your business's KPIs in your phone using TIBCO Spotfire
- Market Category KPIs
- Store Department Staffing
- Summer Lake Temperature
- Drill-down inside a KPI chart
- Color KPIs by Categorical Variable
Pareto chart contains both bars and a line graph, where individual values are represented in descending order by bars, and the cumulative total is represented by the line.
Beeswarm plots are great to show both the overall distribution of a variable and the individual data points.
Gantt chart is now available as a mod for TIBCO Spotfire® 11.4 LTS and later from the TIBCO Community Exchange.
Gantt chart is a graphical representation of the tasks or activities along with resources required to complete a job or project. It is used to show ranges of start and end dates of activities or tasks and the relationships between them so as to pinpoint bottlenecks and assign priorities.
Donut chart is now available as a mod for TIBCO Spotfire® 11.4 LTS and layer from the TIBCO Community Exchange.
Donut charts are identical to Pie charts with the exception of a blank center used to display additional, related data.
Tips & Tricks with Spotfire
Find many resources and learn how easy it is to do things you may not have known about.
Recommended Resources & Courses
- Learning Resources for Optimizing Your Spotfire Experience
- The Spotfire Enablement Hub is designed to get you skilled up quickly and easily
- TIBCO Academy platform provides three major Spotfire courses, fundamentals, advanced and operations.
Back to Main Spotfire Wiki page