When customizing app dev applications like the Case Management Accelerator - it is best to use live editing mode to change files. This allows you to use external tools like eclipse to edit your HTML and JS code. This also avoids the need to deploy the app to the app dev console until you are ready to test externally.
To use RADJAD to edit the Case Manager App do the following:
- You need to be on the same machine as the BPM engine - normally you would use the BPM Developer Installation on your laptop
- Extract the product CaseManagementApp.app.zip from edelivery.tibco.com to a folder on your machine - example: c:\myapps
- Extract CaseManager.app.zip to c:\myapps
- Rename the CaseManager.app folder created to CaseManager
- Login to Rad/Jad portal using your browser: http://localhost:8080/apps (this will create the active bpm session in the browser required to use Rad/Jad)
- Now to access your app, open a new tab, and use this "Rad/Jad" URL:
In effect, Rad/Jad is now using your local source copy of the app, rather than pulling it from the BPM repository. You can now literally edit files live in c:\myapps\CaseManager and just refresh the browser to see changes.
Remark: If you get problems to be sure to check the browser console - if it can't find a file under c:\myapps you will likely see an error in the console
Hints: If you're not using 'tibco-admin' for Rad/Jad - the user needs the Edit Application System action. You can get this by
- configuring the org model to give the user this (normally via privilege assignment from group/position membership) more Details here
- or just add the user to the Org Model (v0) System Administrator group