The TIBCO Cloud? Integration iPaaS, an integration platform-as-a-service with an open platform core, provides technology to accelerate your time to market.
The platform is used by thousands of organizations, ISVs, and MSPs. By participating in the TIBCO Cloud? Integration Marketplace (?the Marketplace?), you?ll have the opportunity to promote your expertise to our ecosystem, providing new opportunities and awareness for you and your organization.
The Marketplace is the mechanism to reach more users. It is also a powerful tool to share and distribute apps, connectors, and solutions to your end-users/customers. From unique use-case and vertical-specific solutions (including connectors) to end-to-end solutions (apps), the Marketplace is the go-to for IT prospects and customers.
There are two routes for making contributions available on the Marketplace.
- Open Source - You?re contributing an item to the community that is freely available to all TIBCO Cloud Integration users based on the TIBCO Contributor License Agreement (CLA). The terms of the CLA are shown below.
Making your items available via open source allows you to share your contributions, work with a much wider audience, and make a positive impact while receiving critical feedback and validation.
- Partner - You?re contributing an item to the community that might be part of a service or other option you offer. You?ll need to provide an end user license agreement (EULA) for the consumer and directly manage those requirements. You must be registered as an active ISV Alliance Partner in the TIBCO Partner Program to make a contribution as a partner and assume full responsibility for the contribution in accordance with the terms of the TIBCO Partner Program.
Code Types That May Be Contributed
There are two types of software code submissions you can make to the Marketplace:
- Connectors - A connector is a piece of software used to move data between specific applications using those applications' APIs, SDKs, or third-party libraries.
These connectors are for either TIBCO Scribe® Online cloud service or the TIBCO Flogo® framework (referred to as ?extensions? in the Flogo nomenclature; however, for the purposes of the Marketplace, they are classified as connectors).
- Apps - An application is a container for one or more flows, data mappings, and logic, often using connectors. Apps include apps designed for use with TIBCO Scribe Online or TIBCO Flogo.
Publishing contributions to the Marketplace is a feature available to both Admin and User roles. Read-only roles cannot publish anything to the Marketplace. The first step in the process is to publish as a ?Private? contribution, meaning that only your organization?s users can see it. During that process, you?ll be asked for additional information about the listing.
Once the contribution is private, you can submit it for TIBCO approval to make it publicly available. During that process, TIBCO will evaluate the contribution to make sure it aligns with TIBCO requirements.
TIBCO will review approval requests based on the following criteria.
Contribution Type Submissions (Open Source or Partner):
- Neither the description nor any other statement you make may in any way suggest that TIBCO is endorsing the contribution or has in any way certified it.
- If you use a logo or other trademark in your contribution or description, you confirm that you have the necessary rights, including any required third-party licenses, to include the trademark in your contribution. If TIBCO identifies any issues concerning trademark rights, it reserves the right to remove the logo or other trademark and replace it with a generic icon or other identifier.
- We may or may not choose to test or otherwise validate the operability of the contribution. Just because your contribution is accepted and published doesn?t mean that it is endorsed or in any way certified by TIBCO.
Please note that this step is not meant to be a QA or certification process. If TIBCO receives customer complaints or issues with the contribution, TIBCO staff will contact you and may elect to make the contribution private until any problems have been resolved to our satisfaction.
- TIBCO can make a contribution ?private? at any time. It will be up to you to make changes or rectify the issue, and TIBCO will determine in its sole discretion whether the issue has been addressed to its satisfaction.
- Our goal is to provide prompt feedback on submissions.
Open Source Contributions
- If you make your contribution pursuant to the open-source contribution process, TIBCO will publish the contribution under the Apache License 2.0.
- These contributions are defined as being marked as ?free? and do not have a request URL defined in the submission.
- During the approval process, we?ll validate that you have an active ISV Alliance Partner agreement with TIBCO. You can find details about the TIBCO Partner Program at https://www.tibco.com/resources/datasheet/tibco-partner-program-guide.
- You must have an end user license agreement (EULA) that you host and provide a URL that allows users to access the EULA.
- Partner submissions are not ?free? and do not have a ?request URL? link associated with the submission.
- Your submission will be rejected and set back to ?private? if you are not in the ISV Alliance Partner Program. You can elect to submit without a price and/or request URL link.
Note: At this time, the process to submit TIBCO Scribe® Online Connectors is unchanged; however, the procedures and policies outlined in this document apply.
TIBCO will perform first-level support as part of our TIBCO Cloud Integration product offering. During this process, TIBCO Support engineers will determine if the issue is a problem with the TIBCO Cloud Integration iPaaS or is caused by a specific contribution.
If we determine the problem is with the contribution, we?ll ask the customer to contact you directly to resolve the matter. If the issue is not resolved promptly, we may elect to make the contribution private and notify you.
Resources are available to help partners create custom connectors. See documentation::
TIBCO Cloud Integration Marketplace Help: https://integration.cloud.tibco.com/docs/index.html#tci/using/marketplace/overview.html
CONTRIBUTOR LICENSE AGREEMENT (?CLA?)
You must accept the following terms when making an open-source contribution:
Thank you for your interest in TIBCO Software Inc. (?TIBCO?). In order to clarify the intellectual property rights associated with Contributions (as defined below), each Contributor must accept the license terms below. This license is for Your protection as a Contributor as well as the protection of TIBCO and its users; it does not change Your rights to use Your own Contributions for any other purpose. Please read this document carefully before accepting, and keep a copy for Your records.
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to TIBCO. Except for the license granted herein to TIBCO and recipients of software distributed by TIBCO that includes your Contributions, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with TIBCO. For legal entities, the entity making a Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to be a single Contributor. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"Contribution" shall mean any original work of authorship, including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that is intentionally submitted by You to TIBCO for inclusion in, or documentation of, any of the products or services owned or managed by TIBCO (the "Work"). For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to TIBCO or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, TIBCO for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as "Not a Contribution."
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to TIBCO and to recipients of software distributed by TIBCO a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense subject to a license of TIBCO?s choosing, and distribute Your Contributions and such derivative works. You agree not to assert any moral rights You may have in Your Contributions or derivative works thereof against TIBCO or recipients of software distributed by TIBCO.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to TIBCO and to recipients of software distributed by TIBCO a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) sublicensable patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer and exploit the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your Contribution(s) alone or by combination of Your Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that Your Contribution, or the Work to which You have contributed, constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above licenses. If Your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property that You create that includes Your Contributions, You represent that You have received permission to make Contributions on behalf of that employer and that Your employer has waived such rights for Your Contributions to TIBCO.
5. You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others). You represent that Your Contribution submissions include complete details of any third-party license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) of which You are personally aware and which are associated with any part of Your Contributions.
6. You are not expected to provide support for Your Contributions, except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your Contributions on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Should You wish to submit work that is not Your original creation, You may submit it to TIBCO separately from any Contribution, identifying the complete details of its source and of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which You are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as "Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]".
8. You agree to notify TIBCO of any facts or circumstances of which You become aware that would make these representations inaccurate in any respect.
©2021, TIBCO Software Inc. All rights reserved. TIBCO, the TIBCO logo, Flogo, Scribe, and TIBCO Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks in this document are the property of their respective owners and mentioned for identification purposes only.