Table of Contents
- TIBCO Data Virtualization Support Newsletter
- TIBCO Statement regarding COVID-19
- End of Support Timelines
- Upgrade to the Latest Product Releases
- What?s New
- Review Important Security Announcements
- Stay Current on Hotfixes and Service Packs
- Top Support Knowledge Base Articles
- Tech Tip
- TIBCO Data Virtualization Information on Social Media Platforms
- Explore Customer Success Stories
- Customer Survey Feedback
- Get Notified on Product Updates
This newsletter is aimed at TIBCO Data Virtualization administrators and users who will benefit from news of the latest releases, hotfixes, knowledge base articles and technical tips.
TIBCO has published a statement on the steps we are taking to ensure the welfare of our employees, customers, and partners. In addition, TIBCO Support has an FAQ on the crisis (customer login required)
Review end of support dates below and plan upgrades to supported versions so you benefit from security updates, defect corrections, and features in the latest releases.
- TIBCO is officially ending support for the 8.2, 8.1, and 8.0 versions. Version 8.2 will be retired on 06/30/2022, 8.1 on 7/13/2021, and 8.0 on 05/01/2021. Details here:
- Support Policy: Retirement Notice for the TIBCO Data Virtualization 8.2 product family
- Support Policy: Retirement Notice for the TIBCO Data Virtualization 8.1 product family
- Support Policy: Retirement Notice for the TIBCO Data Virtualization 8.0 product family
- Refer to article 000027258 for end-of-support and end-of-extended-support dates for all TIBCO products.
TIBCO Data Virtualization version 8.4 is the latest release in the 8.x series and introduces performance\scalability improvements. Check the release notes for a list of new features and changes in functionality. Download the TIBCO Data Virtualization suite from TIBCO eDelivery.
New features and improvements in 8.4:
- A new web UI that enables users to create and publish views that can be also be consumed in third-party downstream apps. The easy to use graphical interface?s drag and drop feature enables users to carry out operations with limited or no knowledge of SQL.
- A cloud file system adapter to support cloud distributed/non-distributed file system data sources. The supported file systems are Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Local File Storage. The supported file formats are Parquet and Delimited file format.
- The unixODBC driver manager and DataDirect driver manager are now supported on Linux platforms.
- A new server configuration called "Enable SSL Mutual Authentication Login" has been added to enable the SSL mutual authentication. This setting helps users access the TIBCO Data Virtualization server resources without a password and with just the user and domain names.
- A new Version Control System option ?Include TDV privileges configuration data when fetching from remote VCS? has been added. Selecting this option mimics the original behavior, which required the user to have the MODIFY_ALL_USERS right. Not selecting this option will allow the user to import changes from the Version Control System without privilege information and resources will be owned by the user performing the import.
Flash is being de-supported by all major browsers. As the web monitor depends on Flash, it is also being deprecated. To see graphs (memory, I/O, and storage) that could previously be viewed in a browser, use the manager within Studio. For details, see TIBCO Data Virtualization : Adobe Flash Player End of Support on December 31, 2020
Recent Security Advisories:
All TIBCO security advisories can be accessed from the Security Advisories for TIBCO Products web page.
We recommend that you always keep your TIBCO Data Virtualization environment up-to-date with the latest hotfixes. Hotfixes can be downloaded from the TIBCO Support Portal at https://support.tibco.com. After log in, pull down the Downloads menu to Hotfixes. On the Hotfixes page, click on "AvailableDownloads" > Data Virtualization. The latest hotfix for 8.3 is HF007 at the time of this update. The list of issues and fixes are in the readme file in the zip file of the hotfix.
Note: Service Packs, if available, can be downloaded from TIBCO eDelivery site
Data Virtualization Studio
- "This version of Studio is not able to communicate with the server" error when using Data Virtualization Studio to connect to Server
- How to track prior TIBCO Data Virtualization Studio users from events log?
Data Virtualization Server
- How to upgrade from TIBCO Data Virtualization versions 7.0.x to versions 8.x?
- How to update TIBCO Data Virtualization Server configurations through an API?
- How to increase the row fetch size for an IBM DB2 data source in TIBCO Data Virtualization?
- Oracle data source connections fails in TIBCO Data Virtualization Studio 8.3.0 after importing a .car file from version 7.0.8
To search the public knowledge base, please use the Knowledge Base Home Page
Monitoring the TIBCO Data Virtualization server for specific events (for example, a ClusterServerShunned event).
For certain events, you may wish to have TIBCO Data Virtualization send the administrator an email notification, or invoke a procedure that carries out certain tasks. For example, when a cluster node is being shunned or a cache refresh failure occurs, a trigger could be configured as follows:
Set 'System Event' to ClusterServerShunned or to CacheRefreshFailure.
Set 'Action Type' to Send E-mail, or to Execute Procedure.
When the event occurs, the action will be executed. If you choose to send an email, configure the TIBCO Data Virtualization server with your email account details. The email account settings are located under TIBCO Data Virtualization Studio >> Administration >> Configuration >> Server >> Configuration >> E-mail as shown below.
We have a few Quick Tip YouTube videos and content on the TIBCO LinkedIn group to help with extended topics and unique analytics challenges. Please subscribe and follow us on YouTube and LinkedIn to stay updated. We also provide interactive technical events, educational YouTube videos, and other great content on TIBCO Community.
- Franklin Templeton: Speed to Market with Data Virtualization
- Bayer Crop Sciences: Support 14,000 analytics users all trying to innovate
- Additional TIBCO customer success stories
TIBCO Support routinely conducts surveys to evaluate customer satisfaction. You are invited via email to complete an online survey about cases you have logged. You can also submit a survey at any point during the case lifecycle. Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback. We use it to improve our service.
- Sign up for upcoming TIBCO Data Virtualization Discovery events TIBCO
Learn how to subscribe to notifications, release announcements, hotfixes, knowledge base articles, retirement notices, and more.