The purpose of this document and included Kubernetes support package is to provide a guide to install, configure, and run Apache Kafka in Amazon Kubernetes Service (EKS) using Docker and Kubernetes Container Platform. Following the instructions provided in this document and using the specified supported versions of products and components, users can run Apache Kafka in a supported fashion running in Amazon using Kubernetes.
This document will outline:
- Configuring the Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) for Apache Kafka.
- Configuring the Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) for the Docker® image registry
- Creating a Docker® image embedding Kafka/Zookeeper and hosting it in ECR
- Configuring and creating Kafka/Zookeeper Kubernetes containers based on the Docker image
Support Product and Component Versions:
- Apache Kafka Distribution - Core 2.7.0-1 or later
- Docker Community/Enterprise Edition most recent version
- Kubernetes 1.18.10 or later