The purpose of this document and included Kubernetes support package is to provide a guide to install, configure, and run Apache Pulsar in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) using Docker and Kubernetes Container Platform. Following the instructions provided in this document and using the specified supported versions of products and components, users can run the above mentioned Apache Pulsar components in a supported fashion running in Azure using Kubernetes.
This document will outline:
- Configuring the Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) for Apache Pulsar (APD)
- Configuring an Azure Container Registry (ACR) for the Docker® image registry
- Creating a Docker® image embedding Apache Pulsar, based on the TIBCO distribution of Apache Pulsar, and hosting it on ACR
- Configuring and creating APD Kubernetes containers based on the Apache Pulsar Docker image
Support Product and Component Versions:
- Apache Pulsar 2.7.0 or later (TIBCO Distribution)
- Docker Community/Enterprise Edition should be most recent version.
- Kubernetes 1.18.14 or newer
- CentOS 8.0 or newer running as part of the Docker Container
- TIBCO Msgmon 1.0