Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) is a container management service that supports Docker containers. With ECS, the applications can run on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances, or in Fargate. AWS Fargate manages the task executions, so EC2 instances are not required. TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS) can be configured to run on Amazon ECS with managed EC2 instances, or Fargate. The common denominator is the use of the AWS Elastic File System (EFS) for storage. This document will discuss setting up TIBCO EMS utilizing AWS Fargate with EFS.
Running TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS) on Amazon ECS/Fargate involves:
- Configuring the Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) powered by Fargate for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS).
- Configuring the Amazon Elastic File System (EFS) for the EMS storage
- Configuring the Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) for the Docker® image registry
- Creating a Docker® image embedding EMS and hosting it in ECR
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service 8.5.1 or later
- TIBCO FTL 5.4 and later
- Docker Community/Enterprise Edition V19.03.5 or later
- Amazon Fargate 1.4