The purpose of this document (tib_ems_on_kubernetes_v1.3.pdf) and included Kubernetes support package (ems_10_kubernetes.zip) is to provide a guide to install, configure, and run TIBCO Enterprise Message Service? (EMS) servers in a fault-tolerant configuration using Docker and Kubernetes Container Platform. Following the instructions provided in this document and using the specified supported versions of products and components, users can run TIBCO Enterprise Message Service in a supported fashion running on Kubernetes.
This document will outline:
- Creating a Docker® image embedding EMS and hosting it in a Docker registry
- Provisioning the EMS Docker® image with ActiveSpaces and FTL libraires to use FTL and or AS for storage
- Preparing a shared folder on NFS for on premise storage configurations, ifrequired.
- Provisioning the NFS shared folder, if required
- Configuring and creating EMS containers based on the EMS Docker image to run in Kubernetes
- Configuring FTL and AS containers to work in conjunction with the EMS container to run in Kubernetes
Support Product and Component Versions:
- TIBCO EMS 10.1.0 and later
- TIBCO FTL 6.7.2 or later
- TIBCO ActiveSpaces 4.7.0 or later
- Docker 20 or later
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 or later
- Kubernetes 1.19 or Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.7. Recommend latest versions of the container platform