The purpose of this document is to provide information on installing the TIBCO Messaging components (FTL, EMS, Apache Kafka, and Apache Pulsar) and TIBCO ActiveSpaces in a Red Hat OpenShift environment. This document will not provide a step by step configuration of the components in OpenShift, nor will steps for installing and configuring OpenShift be provided.
The Red Hat OpenShift container platform is similar to a Kubernetes container platform. Most configurations designed for Kubernetes can be used in OpenShift with little or no changes.
The documentation from https://community.tibco.com/s/article/tibco-messaging-and-tibco-activespaces-article-links-quick-access configuring the different TIBCO Messaging components and TIBCO ActiveSpaces on Azure AKZ, AWS EKS, or GCP GKE can all be used as the baseline for installing the component in OpenShift.
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service 8.5.1 or newer
- TIBCO FTL 6.6 or newer
- TIBCO ActiveSpaces 4.6.1 or newer
- Apache Pulsar 2.6.1 or newer (TIBCO Distribution)
- Apache Kafka 2.7 or newer (TIBCO Distribution)
- Docker Community/Enterprise Edition should be most recent version.
- Red Hat OpenShift 4.6.1 or newer
- CentOS 8.0 or newer running as part of the Docker Container