TIBCO® Messaging - Schema Repository for Apache Kafka is a component of TIBCO Messaging for managing Apache Avro schemas.
Running TIBCO Schema Repository for Apache Kafka on Kubernetes involves:
- An existing/configured Kubernetes cluster. The Kubernetes cluster can be running in EKS, AKS, or GKE, as well as on an on-premises Kubernetes cluster.
- Configuring a Container Registry for the Docker® image
- Creating a Docker® image embedding the Schema Repository
- Running TIBCO FTL three node cluster in the existing Kubernetes Cluster
The steps described in this document are supported for the following versions of the products and components involved:
- TIBCO Messaging - Schema Repository for Apache Kafka v1.4.
- TIBCO FTL v6.7.2 or newer.
- Docker Community/Enterprise Edition should be most recent version.
- Kubernetes Cluster v1.22 or newer.
- The reader of this document must be familiar with Docker concepts
- The reader of this document must be familiar with Kubernetes concepts
- The Kubernetes cluster environment must be previously configured either on-premise or in a public cloud
- TIBCO FTL v6.7 should be configured, installed, and running in the Kubernetes cluster, as directed. The ?How to Configure FTL? in different Kubernetes environments can be found at https://community.tibco.com/s/article/tibco-messaging-and-tibco-activespaces-article-links-quick-access. and used as a guideline. The ftl yaml file discussed in this document should be used.