Introducing the all-new TIBCO Community site!

For current users, please click "Sign In" to reset your password and access the enhanced features. If you're a first-time visitor, we extend a warm welcome—click "Sign Up" to become a part of the TIBCO Community!

If you're seeking alternative community sites, explore ibi, Jaspersoft, and Spotfire.

Not able to upload custom client application in tibco application management using user "tibco-admin"

Vineet Bengani 2

I am not able to upload custom client application in tibcoapplication management using "tibco-admin" user .

Getting error : "Server error : user does not have permission to upload an application "

"tibco-admin" has system admin privileges . Screenshot is attached.

Server : Linux

Kindly help .

• 2 weeks later...

Do you connect directly to appdev inBPM node, or there a loadbalancer/proxy involved

In general,login to appdevperforms an additional internal login (to BPM) using the server/port from the incoming request. So, if you access appdev through a LB/proxy, it's very likely that this internal login would fail, as the BPM Node server/port details are different from thatof the proxy server details available in the incoming request.

Possible solutions would be

to connect directly using the server/port of the target BPM Node.

Or configure URL rewrite rules on the LB/proxy, so the request received by appdev looks like it was a direct request

• 2 years later...

I am also facing same issue.

Weird is , when i use direct application server , the loging to appdev UI itself fails.Same login works fine if use LBR hostnam eis URL.

Now, when i login with LBR , then upload of application fails with same error "user does not have permission to upload an application".

For me its deadlock, 

I can login to LBR url but can not upload application.

If i use direct server URL , login itself fails to app dev url.

Any asistance on this issue

Thanks

Shrijeet Sinha

S

HI

Issue solved on my side.

Basically 2 issues:

1) Internal authetication from AppDev was failing because it was calling F5 LBR, and on F5 automap (asymmetric routing) was not enabled to make pool member call its own F5..

2) Once above was fixed on F5, it was further failing on SSO.On my side SSO was enabled.

As informed by Tibco , AppDev had issue with SSO login in BPM4.2 which has been fixed in 4.3 version.

As of now i had fixed point 1 and disabled SSO.All going good now...Will upgrade to 4.3 later.

HI

Issue solved on my side.

Basically 2 issues:

1) Internal authetication from AppDev was failing because it was calling F5 LBR, and on F5 automap (asymmetric routing) was not enabled to make pool member call its own F5..

2) Once above was fixed on F5, it was further failing on SSO.On my side SSO was enabled.

As informed by Tibco , AppDev had issue with SSO login in BPM4.2 which has been fixed in 4.3 version.

As of now i had fixed point 1 and disabled SSO.All going good now...Will upgrade to 4.3 later.