We have recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Solution using native query block connected to SQL Server DB doens't work, doens't sent error.

I created a Native Query Block connected to SQL Data Base, justo to insert 1 row to a test table, when i tested the Native Query block, the insert works fine, but when i run the solution which contains the Native Query Block, the insert is not done, and the solution didn't show any error.

I guess something is missing in my configuration or something is wrong. Could you help me, thanks.

I am working with tibco scribe on line, trial version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Could you share your use case to run insert query on a native query block

When you use a native query block, remember that it needs to return at least 1 result in order to validate and work as well as you need a "For each result"block attached to the native query block..

Alternatively you could use "TOOLS scribe labs connector"or a dummy native sql query such as :

SELECT 1 AS '1' ; in order to trigger your map run and then use a "Create block"to do an insert into a sql table.

Other ways could be:

using a stored procedure (need to turn this option on with connection parameters), see help:

https://help.scribesoft.com/scribe/en/#sol/conn/sqlserver.htm%3FTocPath%3DTIBCO%2520Scribe%25C2%25AE%2520Online%7CTIBCO%2520Scribe%25C2%25AE%2520Online%2520Connectors%2520Guide%7C_____23

a workaround could be using this in your native query block:

INSERT INTO [scribetest].[dbo].[Table1](ID) VALUES ('testrec4');

SELECT 1 AS '1' ;