BusinessWorks, BusinessWorks Container Edition, Cloud Integration

Anup Bansal 2

I see TIBCO is introducing new pacakages for integration. I see the following three products:

1. TIBCO BusinessWorks 6

2. TIBCO BusinessWorks 6 Container Edition

3. TIBCO Cloud Integration

While I do understand the core difference between TIBCO BW and TIBCO BWCE, I am not clear on the use case of TIBCO Cloud Integration. Can anyone please hightlight the key differences between TIBCO BW CE and Cloud Integration Also, why was there a need to create a new product like TIBCO BW CE instead of have the native cloud foundry capabilites embedded in BW 6

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

How doesthe licencing model works for BW CE

Is there a restriction on the number of CPU/Core allocation perpod/container

If I'm entitled for BWCE does this mean I canallocate any number of cores/CPUs for the entitled pods/containers Please confirm.

• 8 months later...
TIBCO's licensing policy offers a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want to deploy and size your deployments. When using BWCE with Containers and Application Instances, we currently do not put a cap on the number of CPU/Core allocation per pod/container. Typically though, bloated application instances typically represent monolithic apps. Microservices focus on making your services more modular and function focused and with such design, your apps shouldn't need greater CPU/memory but we leave this decision to the app-developer.

You have multiple options to leverage AWS with TIBCO Cloud Integration (comprising of BW5/6/CE/TIBCO-Cloud)

Our recommendation is to use TIBCO Cloud which is TIBCO's own cloud services as your iPaaS. If you would like to use it in your private cloud, you can leverage the TIBCO BusinessWorks Container Edition component that is built natively for containers and PaaS environments with advanced tooling and capabilities OOTB for such deployments.

You can also use BW5 or BW6 on AWS VMs in a lift-and-shift style transition.

For more information, reach out to TIBCO Support or your TIBCO team.