Alerting Error

Paul Shumaker

Hello,

I have a report that has an Automation Services job kick off every morning to send alerts out to appropriate recipients based on conditions met in alert thresholds. There are several rules per alert (with a few dozen alerts) and while large, the job has remained consistent up until recently.

Recently, only certain recipients for certain alerts receive notifications, even when other thresholds have been exceeded. And when an alert is triggered, only 1-2 of potentially 10 recipients receive an email.

We are logging an error mentioning a table 'AlertMonitoring_TriggeringLogs' does not exist in the collection. I have a suspicion that an error is occuring elsewhere which results in only partial alerting/emailing, but I could be wrong. Does anyone have insight as to what this error with this log table means

Starting job CCI_Email_Alerting.xml on server http://***************:8080/

FAILED: Task 2 'Alerting Task' failed with: The table 'AlertMonitoring_TriggeringLogs' does not exist in the collection   at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataTableCollection.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<Remove>b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.Transaction(Executor executor, Boolean visible, Boolean sticky, Guid stickyGuid, Boolean isHighlight)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.Transaction(String displayName, Executor executor)

at SpotfirePS.AlertingAutomationServicesTask.Settings.Provider.ILAlertSettingsProvider.InsertRunLogs(Guid runGuid, AlertSettings settings, Boolean success, String runMessage)

at SpotfirePS.AlertingAutomationServicesTask.AlertingTask.ExecuteCore(TaskExecutionContext context)

Done

Hi p.shu

The error indicates there was a problem writing logs to the tbl_Run_Log table. I agree that this is not the actual cause of the partial alert sending issue. I suggest checking the following

Automation Service logs. Locate the log from "Monitoring & Diagnositcs" section of the Spotfire admin console. Search for any errors at the time you expect the alerts are to be sent.

Verify there are records being written to thetbl_Run_Log table. Records should be inserted even when the alerts are sentsuccessfully.

SMTP Server logs. Since some of receipients do receive the alertstherefore it is also likely that the issue lies in the SMTP service. Check if there is any logs from there in case they show up on the automation service log.

Best Regards

Mathew