SalesForce connector: NullReferenceException for the new boolean field

John Guy

Hi,

I have added a new boolean field (checkbox) to SalesForce object, and here is what I see when I try to set this field in "Create" block

Operation failed. Label: Create OpportunityLineItem, Name: OpportunityLineItemCreate, Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.: Error in calling Operation Create System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Scribe.Adapter.Salesforce.Operations.EntityConverter.ConvertToSalesforceFields(EntityProperties entityProperties, EntityDefinition entityDefinition, Boolean allowNulls, String[]& fieldsToNull) at Scribe.Adapter.Salesforce.Operations.EntityConverter.ToSalesforceObject(DataEntity dataEntity, EntityDefinition entityDefinition, Boolean allowNulls) at Scribe.Adapter.Salesforce.Operations.Operation.ConvertToSalesforceObject(InputItem inputItem, Boolean allowNulls) at Scribe.Connector.Common.Operation.ExecutionFlow.ProcessInputConversions[TIn](Func`2 inputConverter, IList`1 indexedInputItems, IList`1& indexedErrorResultItems)

I tried to set it expilcitly to "TRUE", "True", "FALSE", "False" or usingTOBOOLEAN function - the result is always the same

the issue was caused by cloud agent out of sync. it did not have the correct metadata for the custom fields being added and it was not syncing properly.

workaround: create another cloud agent - looks like that triggers cached metadata re-sync