Document property containing comma-separated string values as filter to limit table visualization results

Tiffany Lai

Hello,

I have a document property as a string which can be either one value "$123" or multiple values separated by a comma ("123, 456, 789"). The document property is set by markings.I would like to pass this comma-separated string to a filter in order to limit the results in a table visualization. For example, if the document property is "123, 456", then I would like all rows which contain either "123" or "456" in a specified column to appear in the table visualization.

Can this be done using the limit data by expression option If I select only one value, this option works, but it will not display any rows if multiple values are selected (I'm guessing this is because the expression is looking for a row with the literal string value). This is why I thought an IronPython script triggered by changes in thedocument property would be a better option, but I'm open to suggestions. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

You don't need Iron Python and yes limit data by expression would work.

So your use case is: the document property is a string containing:

- either a single value, with a $ in front

- or multiple values, comma separated

This expression would work for that:

Find(Concatenate([YourVariable],','),Concatenate(Substitute('${YourDocumentProperty}','\$',''),','))>0

Substitute() gets rid of the initial $ if present

Concatenate() on both probe and expression ensures you are not recognizing e.g. 1234 when your expression only contains 123.