Hello I get this error when I try to run the R script for the density maps. TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R returned an error The data function '[TERR] WKB Density map' could not be executed. Error in library(MASS) : there is no package called 'MASS'.

Amr Ahmed

Hello I get this error when I try to run the R script for the density maps. TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R returned an error The data function '[TERR] WKB Density map' could not be executed. Error in library(MASS) : there is no package called 'MASS'.

Hello,

The error message that you see suggests that the TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR)/R package called "MASS" is missing in your TERR library. You would need to install this package for the data function to work.

TERR data functions can be executed in two ways:

1. In the local TERR engine (available within the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst)

2. Using the TIBCO Spotfire Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR) Service (or TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services)

Option 2 would be needed if you e.g. use a Spotfire web client.

So, assuming that you are using a Spotfire Analyst, with your data functions getting executed against the local TERR engine, you can install the MASS package in the following way:

1. In your TIBCO Spotfire Analyst, go to Tools >> TERR Tools.

2. In TERR Tools, click on Package management tab.

3. Select a CRAN package repository (e.g. 0-Cloud [https]) and click on ‘Load’ button.

4. In the available packages section, search for “MASS” package and click Install.

5. Repeat the process if you face the same issue for any other package.

If you are using the TERR Service, please refer to the page "Package Management for TERR Service" in the TERR Service manual:

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/terrsrv/1.12.1/doc/html/TIB_terrsrv_install/terrinstall/topics/package_management_for_terr_service.html

Best Regards

Fredrik