Query on how to filter and count unique values of a column in another sheet?

Akhilesh Kumar

I want to create a dashboard where I want to have the following included (Please refer the sample file included)

1. 3 filters for columns B, D, and G which take multi-line text input
  2. After applying filter, count the unique values in columns G, F, B and K
  3. Export the filtered table into a .csv file

I am unable to make progress in the project. If anyone can share how to proceed in Spotfire API using IronPython that would help me a lot. Thanks!

Hello,

It's a bit unclear to me what you are trying to do - maybe if you describe your exact use case in more detail, that will increase the chance of someone here being able to provide you with some good suggestions. 

As you wrote "If anyone can share how to proceed in Spotfire API using IronPython that would help me a lot.", are you trying to do all three steps from IronPython, i.e. you are trying to do all of this programmatically or e.g. just step 2 and 3?  

You wrote "filter and count unique values of a column in another sheet" - please elaborate on "another sheet"

It's unclear to me how the result from step 2 are used. If you e.g. just want to present the end users with information on the number of unique values in the filtered data, one alternative could be to simply create a Summary Table visualization, showing the UniqueCount measure for the desired columns.

Last, I recommend always starting by taking a look in the Iron Python script examples page -  

https://community.tibco.com/s/article/IronPython-Scripting-in-TIBCO-Spotfire - for anything you want to do with IronPython. You can find a number of examples of working with filters, exporting data etc there.