BW6 Preparing Passwords for Production while using Authentication with XML in workspace

OZGEN CETINKAYA

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to implement a service in BW6 which is supposed to use basic authentication with XML files in the workspace. We have followed the wizards and created the security policy and required resources. But the generated XML file contains the below line.

What might be the supported format of hashed password type We will be deploying application to production environment soon, but documentation does not cover this topic, or we couldn't find an article about password hashing on BW6 docs.

Full xml content is also below:

john

password

alex

password

managers

alex

administrators

alex

john

Kind Regards,

Ozgen

• 1 year later...

Hi Ozgen, this week I had the same doubt and I found some information about this topic in the TIBCO Api Exchange Gateway doc: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/api-exchange-gateway/2.2.0/doc/html/GUID-595E....

Unfortunately, the EXE mentioned in the documentation isn't embedded with BW6, at least, not in BW 6.4.2, that is the version that I use nowadays.

I know that is probably to late, but I think that the link above might be usefull for somebody in the future.

Best Regards,

Thiago Heraclides