.NET Standard compliant Tibco.EMS.dll

David Mumladze 2

• 3 months later...
This would be great to have! My organization is upgrading its internal libraries to .NET Standard to enable their use both the full .NET framework and .NET Core web apps as well as future-proof them for Blazor which targets Mono. The lack of a .NET Standard compliant Tibco.EMS.dll is preventing us from upgrading the internal tooling which has a direct dependency on this .dll 

@craig if you just need to test drive it, you could decompile and recompile using the .NET Standard 2.0. Only downside is, you won't be able to use System.Transactions, but in my case, I did not need to. Also, what I did was just an experiment to make sure it can be done, so I'm not planning to move it to production, until Tibco themselves make the .NET Standard comliant version.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

.NET Core Support

The EMS .NET client library files, TIBCO.EMS.dll, TIBCO.EMS.ADMIN.dll and TIBCO.EMS.UFO.dll are

now built to the .NET Standard 2.0 specification. They can be used to build both .NET Framework

applications that can only run on Windows and .NET Core applications that can run on both Windows

and Linux.

Platform Requirements for .NET Core:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Microsoft Windows

Microsoft Windows Server

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

.NET Standard is a formal specification of .NET APIs that are intended to be available on all .NET implementations.

For an interactive table to use which versions, see .NET Standard versions.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/platform/dotnet-standard#versions

The EMS .NET client libraries are built to the .NET Standard 2.0 specification.

They can be used to build both

1).NET Framework applications, which can only run on Windows,

and

2).NET Core applications, which can run on both Windows and Linux.

The EMS .NET client libraries in 8.5.0 are built to the .NET Standard 2.0 specification.

and tested with

1).NET Core 2.0

2).NET Framework 4.7.2

>>Do you know where can I download .NET Standard libraries

1>If you mean the EMS .NET client library files, => TIBCO.EMS.dll, TIBCO.EMS.ADMIN.dll and TIBCO.EMS.UFO.dll If you mean .NET SDK then Microsoft site.