Introducing the all-new TIBCO Community site!

For current users, please click "Sign In" to reset your password and access the enhanced features. If you're a first-time visitor, we extend a warm welcome—click "Sign Up" to become a part of the TIBCO Community!

If you're seeking alternative community sites, explore ibi, Jaspersoft, and Spotfire.

BW6 Palette Plugin Development

So i followed the instructions in https://docs.tibco.com/pub/bwpdk/6.2.0/doc/pdf/TIB_bwpdk_6.2_developer's_guide.pdf for developing a palette. when I tried to run I got the following error...

!SESSION 2018-11-02 12:25:54.435 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_144

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU

Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench -data C:workspaceprojectsxxxxxx/../runtime-New_configuration -dev file:C:/workspace/projects/xxxxxx/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/New_configuration/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-11-02 12:25:58.678

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

after checking the main configuration I noticed that in the main configuration tab (screenshot attached) the "Program to Run" was disabled previously when I was able to run and test my palette that option was enabled and selected, now its all disabled and I dont know how to get it back

any help

• 5 months later...

Try this. This works for my case.

1. Download the latest JRE1.8.0 from Oracle website and install it.

2. Goto the installation path of the JRE e.g. C:Program FilesJavajre1.8.0

3. Replaced TIBCO's jre C:tibcobw6tibcojre641.8.0 with the whole stuff from C:Program FilesJavajre1.8.0

4. Goto plugin development workspace find and delete .metadata folder

5. Start TIBCO Business Studio and create plugin

Hope this helps.