Cloud deployment of application developed in BW6.5

Ramu Chowdam 2

Hello BW 6 experts,

It's been mentioned in release notes of BW 6.5 that, applications can be deployed on cloud, on-premise or TCI. But, I would like to know the process of creating a cloud image to deploy on AWS. I know that we can use BWCE docker runtime instance to create the base image to deploy on AWS. But, what if the customer doesn't have BWCE and he is trying to upgrade to BW 6.5. Does he have an option to deploy on the cloud without using BWCE

Waiting for your input/thoughts.

Thanks,

Ramu Chowdam

• 1 month later...

Hi Ramu,

Applications developed in BW 6.5.0 should be possible to deploy in Cloud as TIBCO BW Container Edition Docker images.

you need to right-click choose target deployment as "Container", this will help you validate that your module(s) are ready to be deployed as TIBCO BWCE containers.

The recommendation for environments moving to the Cloud is to utilise TIBCO BWCE as that provides the optimum and ultimate benefits of moving to Cloud. Easy provisioning, better operability and above all "Elasticity" by scaling-out and scaling-in organically through containers. It also gives Customers the ability to adopt multi-cloud strategy.

Having said that, nothing stops your Customer of Deploying BW6 on IaaS virtual machines. this could be acceptable depending on where they are with their Cloud journey.

I strongly advise you to get in contact with your TIBCO PSG representative for a CloudPath workshop.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...