Is there a workaround for connector sources that have spaces in their column names

Manoj Chaurasia

We are using Scribe to transfer data...Our source connection has spaces in the columns (i.e. First Name vs. FirstName) and we create our PropertyDefinitions using this name. When we attempt to add a filter to a 'Query' block of this entity, the available field is FirstName with the space trimmed out. When the filter is applied the LookupCondition of the OperationInput object contains the column without the space so when that value is parsed and used against the source system, no results are found as there is no field that matches FirstName (without a space). The source system is not something we control, so my question is there any work around to this or perhaps a way to not have Scribe automatically trim space out of column names. Thank you.

Hi Scott,

That's a great question. The User Interface does strip out some characters (spaces and special characters like slashes or underscores), but I don't believe it should strip those out from the connector when your method runs.

Are you setting the Name and FullName in the Property Definition

Can you debug your connector when the method is called to check the Name value (vs. FullName)

@Fuzz Schroeder- are spaces allowed in the names of Property Definitions

Best,

Nate

Hello Nate,

Both the name and fullname property are being set to the value with the spaces included. It is when we use the properties in our map configurations where the spaces are stripped out. I know that these properties logically represent a column in a table which in most cases would not support spaces in the names. Maybe this is the reason they are being removed Our main issue is that the values being given to us in the OperationInput LookupCondition expression does not have the spaces in them so when we query the source no results are found. We could manually add the spaces back, but this could be problematic to do programmatically as it could take some effort to know where to put the spaces back. We would just like to know if this is how it works (which we can live with) or maybe there is a configuration setting in scribe that turns this functionality on/off. Thank you for your quick response.