BW-JDBC-100034 Error

Manoj Chaurasia

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a oracle database using JDBC connection palette. When I enter the URL, Username and password and click on "Test Connection", I am getting a message

BW-JDBC-100034 "Configuration Test Failed. Exception [java.sql.SQLException] occurred.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

But if I use the same credentials in a SQL Developer or TOAD, I am able to connect to that DataBase without any issues.

Could anyone let me know on what could be the issue and how to resolve it

I have created the jdbc folder within the path C:tibcotpcl5.7

• 3 years later...

Hi Sharath,

Seshasai's sugestion is a good one, it would help us help you!

My suggestion is to first make sure the information you are using to connect is correct. It's easy to place a space or a wrong character by mistake (personal experience...).

I found that the ORA-01017 error can be caused by a few different causes that I've read online.

Here are some of them:

1. Since Oracle 11, user names and passwords are case sensitive (depending on a variable called sec_case_sensitive_logon).

2. Somebody complained that using ojdbc14.jar with JRE 1.6 could cause this error. The way to solve it was to use ojdbc6.jar.

Of course these are all suppositions, so you'll have to do some research.

Check for more info here: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01017.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nuno

• 3 years later...

This problem for me was fixed with this fix.

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-38616

Two options:

1). Change the Security vendor i.e. set java.property.TIBCO_SECURITY_VENDOR=j2se in designer.tra/application.tra

-OR-(NOT And)

2). Set the property java.property.com.tibco.security.EntrustLast=true in designer.tra/ application.tra. The property java.property.com.tibco.security.EntrustLast directs that the Entrust provider be added at the end of the list.BW code will still use Entrust through TIBCrypt since it request the provider by name but other code that relied on the default provider will now use JRE's default provider.

• 3 years later...