TSSS with Open R engine silent installation - run Procrun in command line

Tao Zhong 2

We want to script our spotfire environment. one task is installing TSSS with Open R engine silently. I have got problem to add -Dspserver.rhome=path-to-R to the Java options for the TSSS service. Installation manual said I need to use Procrun (TSSS100SplusServerw.exe) to do this job. However, I don't know how to do it in command line.

In order to add values to the JvmOptions using the command line, one needs to use the procrun command line. For example, the following sets the engine.count value to 2:

"C:Program FilesTIBCOstatsvcs711TERRtomcatbinTSSS711SplusServer.exe" //US//TSSS711SplusServer ++JvmOptions=-Dengine.count=2

You will need to modify the path, the exe name and the service name for your environment. You need to run the Tomcat procrun command line version from the tomcat/bin directory. In your case, this looks to be TSSS100SplusServer.exe (without the 'w'). I think this is a close approximation of what you need:

TSSS100SplusServer.exe //US//TSSS100SplusServer ++JvmOptions=-Dspserver.rhome=path-to-R

The Tomcat Windows service HOW-TO documentation gives information about the various switches and options. "//US" means update service and ++JvmOptions means append to the JvmOptions.

Regards,

Peter