I have a problem exporting logs from my application to...

Christopher Nicholas

Hi all

I have a problem exporting logs from my application to openspirit. I can't seem to get it to set the name correctly. The name (and TraceName) always seems to be set to the value I pass for TraceKind after I complete the export.

My SQL looks like this:

INSERT INTO EpiWell_WellLogTrace (Bore, Name, TraceName, TraceKind, DataSource, NullValue, TraceData, TraceIndex, IndexKind, ServiceName, SoftSource, User, Comment) VALUES (, , , , , , , , , , , , )

I set this on a prepared statement and then set all the parameters. If I step through the code, the prepared statement seems to have everything in correctly, as far as I can see. Then when I execute the Name, TraceName and TraceKind are all set to the value I entered for TraceKind.

I had a play and tried entering an update statement to update the Name afterwards to the value I wanted. This seemed to set the Name, TraceName and TraceKind to be the values I entered.

Are these values linked somehow Can anyone point me to any documentation on this if so

I'm exporting to kingdom btw.

Cheers

Chris,

in v4.0 of OpenSpirit, when inserting, the Kingdom data connector mapped all three of Name, TraceName, and TraceKind to the same Kingdom column, and we only took TraceKind since we need to preserve the curve code mnemonic (SP, GR, RHOB, ...). There are actually two fields in Kingdom we can use, a Name that contains the curve code, and a Type. We are correcting this in v4.1. The OpenSpirit TraceKind will be read from/written to Kingdom Name, and OpenSpirit Name/TraceName will be read from/written to Kingdom Type.

• 5 years later...

Hi 

Sorry to revisit a comment I made years ago. We've just had a complaint from another customer on this subject and it seems it is still a problem. I think they are using openspirit 4.2. I just tried this locally with openspirit 4.3 and can confirm that on export all the logs are named by their TraceKind and not the name as I wish to export it. 

Is there any update on whether this may be fixed

Thanks

Chris