Introducing the all-new TIBCO Community site!

For current users, please click "Sign In" to reset your password and access the enhanced features. If you're a first-time visitor, we extend a warm welcome—click "Sign Up" to become a part of the TIBCO Community!

If you're seeking alternative community sites, explore ibi, Jaspersoft, and Spotfire.

I am trying to send email using send mail activty .

Hi All

I am trying to send email using send mail activty .

I have configured to use the gmail smtp server , but when i am sending the mail message , i am getting the following error below , can anyone suggest any alternative to this issue.

http://schemas.tibco.com/bw/plugins/mail/5.0/mailExceptions"> Error sending mail message. Cause: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. tg9sm15666077pbc.29 - gsmtp BW-MAIL-100019

Thanks

Rahul

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I am sorry to jump into this very old thread, but i had same problem and as @Hitesh suggested i added required certificates and it started working.

@Hitest just for knowledge can u plz elaborate why we need this here As with plain Java client or i tried with other integration tool , i wasnt needed this. I was just using smtp.gmail.com host, port 587, credentials and starttls enabled it worked. Also i did this by adding SSL Client in Security section in SMTP Resource. Is that's correct way to do that Please refer to attachment.

/Regards

I am sorry to jump into this very old thread, but i had same problem and as @Hitesh suggested i added required certificates and it started working.

@Hitest just for knowledge can u plz elaborate why we need this here As with plain Java client or i tried with other integration tool , i wasnt needed this. I was just using smtp.gmail.com host, port 587, credentials and starttls enabled it worked. Also i did this by adding SSL Client in Security section in SMTP Resource. Is that's correct way to do that