We are facing 'Null Pointer' exception in the below scenario.

Manoj Chaurasia

Hi All,

We are facing 'Null Pointer' exception in the below scenario.

1. Timer to start the process and runs for every 65 sec.2. Followed by a Java Method Activity, to read a messages from server and put it into a array.

There is something fails in the Java method and we are getting 'Null Pointer' Exception. Please find below for the complete message.

BW-JAVA-100037 ProcessName: /Processes/IPB/IPB Payments/IPB Enter Payments /Receive Email | Error: The method [com.db.gpf.csw.java.common.email.imap.MessageReader.readMessage] raised exception [java.lang.NullPointerException]. java.lang.NullPointerException | Data: 3971614:0java.lang.NullPointerException

Since we are not getting any error message from the Java Method, we are not able to get what is actually failing in the Java code.

Please give suggestion to improve the logging side for Java method and what would have went wrong.

Many Thanks in Advance!!..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Does anyone have an answer to this I have the same issue. I can test my java code separately and it works fine. I've been using Tibco Designer for years along with java and this issue has never occurred before. I cannot understand where this null pointer is coming from. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.