We have recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

TIBCO Scribe Online - SFDC upsert fails with REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING error but was working before.

Petar Savov

Hello,

all of our integration maps are failing where we upsert in Salesforce child records matching the parent record by using external id on the parent record.

The relationship in Salesforce of the two custom objects is Master-Detail.

Objects:

Master__c, with external text unique id fieldMaster_No__c.

Detail__c, with the lookup field Master__c (Master-Detail to Master__c)

Test records:

Existing Master__c record in SalesforcewithMaster_No__c = TESTID

We are using the virtual fieldMaster__c_Master__r_Master_No__c which is available in the Salesforce Target Connectionwhen inserting Detail__c records to match the external id Master_No__c:

UPSERT Detail__c record, Master__c_Master__r_Master_No__c = TESTID and Master__c = null.

Upserting was working before, but now we get this error:Operation failed. Label: Upsert Detail__c, Error: Required fields are missing: [Master__c]

Is something changed in the way we should upsert records in Salesforce The error message means that the id of the Master object is required now, although we use the virtual field to match the master record by using the external id.

Hi Albert,

I was not able to open a support case yet.

I was wondering if the Scribe Support team was able to reproduce the issue or to find a solution 

The Scribe maps that use upsert operation matching the parent record by external id stopped working on 06/16/2019.

Thanks,

Petar

Hi Albert,

I ran a small test Scribe solution for this issue that was failing before and it completed successfully today.

I seems that the issue is resolved, so I will test reverting the solutions to the maps where match by parent external id is used.

Thank you,

Petar